I will slightly digress here, to address the tag, else I will forget! A_and_N has tagged me, and I would like to pass this tag to Priti and Swati. Responses at the end of this post.
Getting back to the bitter gourd, I guess we all know that it is a healthy vegetable, and recommended for diabetics. To prepare Bitter Gourd with Curd, you will need:
Bitter Gourd - cut round as below - 3-4 cups
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Red Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Green Chilly - 1
Ginger - peeled and chopped - 2 tbsp
Garlic - peeled - 4-5 medium sized cloves
Also, salt - to taste
For seasoning -
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 strands
Hing/ Asafoetida - a pinch
Oil - 3-4 tbsp
Final step - 3 tbsp of fresh curd
- Mix the bitter gourd pieces with the paste and salt and leave aside for 15-20 minutes
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan and temper the mustard seeds and curry leaves along with asafeotida
- Lay the bittergourd pieces slowly in the pan and cover the pan
- Let this cook for 10 minutes on low flame
- Take a flat ladle and turn over the pieces, and leave to cook for another 10 minutes, covered
- Turn off the flame, add the 3 tbsp of curd evenly on top of the cooked vegetable and spread with flat ladle on top
- Leave the vessel on the hot stove, until time to serve
1) LAST MOVIE U SAW IN A THEATRE?
Sarkar Raj (We are AB fans! Before this, Bhoothnath)
2) WHAT BOOK ARE U READING?
3) FAVOURITE BOARD GAME?
4) FAVOURITE MAGAZINE
Outlook, The Week, Outlook Traveller, Vanitha and Arogya Masika (Malayalam)
5) FAVOURITE SMELLS?
Smell of earth after fresh rain, Amma's food-Sambhar, Neyyappam (Vishu), Aviyal (for Sadya), Vegetable Biriyani, Sardine fish curry, etc...
6) FAVOURITE SOUNDS?
My daughter singing 'Are You Sleeping' in the bath tub, her payal which lets me know what she's up to and where she is in the house!
7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
When you know someone's lied/lying to you deliberately!
8) WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN U WAKE?
What to make for breakfast and tiffin for my daughter!
9) FAVOURITE FAST FOOD PLACE?
Chat bandi/restaurant, and McDonald's at times
10) FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Ans. Not sure...
11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—’IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY
Travel the world, buy more books and read, and put the rest in a bank
12) DO U DRIVE FAST? Ans. No, I am scared to drive!
13) DO U SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Ans. No
14) STORMS–COOL OR SCARY? Ans. Scary
15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? Ans. None of my own!
16) FAVOURITE DRINK? Ans. Mango/ Orange juice
17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD
Read all the books I have bought and learn painting
18) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? Ans. No (I don't eat broccoli)
19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? Ans. Brown (Brunette!)
20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS U HAVE LIVED IN?
Kannur, Muscat, Trivandrum (if stay in hostel for 3 months is living!), Hyderabad, Mumbai
21) FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Ans. Tennis
22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
A_and_N: The most delightful cooking-inclined newly wed couple I have come across:-)
23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED?
Currently, 8 cartons of books lying unpacked, because of lack of space in Mumbai apartment
24) WOULD U LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN?? Ans. Yes, taller
25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL? Ans. Morning Person
26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP? Ans. Neither!
27) FAVOURITE PLACE TO RELAX? Ans. At Home...
28) FAVOURITE PIE? Ans. Apple Pie
29) FAVOURITE ICECREAM FLAVOUR? Ans. Chocolate
30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE U HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?